Sunday, January 2, 2011

mic check, one two, one two

It's no secret I'm a sucker for fashion. My closet in the dorm is full of clothes that I used to love. I attempt to incorporate each top into some ensemble that I convince myself is effortlessly chic. Who am I kidding....I buy tons of new clothes (usually from F21, Old Navy, Target) with money that I don't have and I wear them maybe once.
Recently I have tried not buying new clothes, but living vicariously through magazines like Elle, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Glamour, Marie Claire, and Cosmo. Contrary to my idiotic conscience this does not keep money in the bank. Needless to say I have developed quite a pile of old magazines. To offset the guilty feeling in the bottom of my bank account, I cut up these magazines into piles of exercise tips, celebrities I love, makeup/hair ideas, and good outfits to try. I feel a bit better now after doing this, but that didn't stop me from running out and buy the next People magazine (5 dollars for that baby!).
However I am attempting not buying anymore clothes or magazines and remixing the clothes that I have. Wish me luck on this endeavor!! Oh and here's some fashion images I will cling onto until my "fashion fast" is over:


No comments:

Post a Comment