Friday, March 4, 2011

A Moment of Clarity

Ladies and Gentleman, I have had a moment of clarity...well less like a moment and more like 5 minutes, but let's stick with the more cliche term.

This is what led up to the moment: I was watching the movie A Single Man. First of all, this amazing movie is directed by designer Tom Ford, who by the way is a sexy beautiful gay man. Anyways, the movie is about a man who is preparing to commit suicide because his lover just died in a car wreck. It is a heartbreakingly vivid portrayal of loss and the loneliness one feels after. I just felt so much empathy that I moved all of that sadness to the back of my brain and submerged myself in an America's Next Top Model marathon.

Fast forward to 8 hours later and I am in the middle of Barnes and Noble looking at leather journals, wishing I was dedicated enough to record my obviously ingenious thoughts, and I had it. Right there in the middle of the parchment, I had the moment at which I felt. I actually felt the huge sadness that I got from watching A Single Man. I guess what I would describe it as is the need to be present...to be actually there in my life. I feel like I've had too many top-model marathon days on the couch and not enough days outside living. So I suppose it's my will to not be lazy.

Inspired? Okay good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment